Weekly trail running workouts designed specifically to build skills, form, and technique. Workouts include endurance, speed, and hills. We explore the main and lesser known trails in central Austin.
You will never be by yourself and will not be left behind on the trail--all runs are "no drop".
When Tuesdays (year-round)
Time 6:15pm arrive, 6:30pm START ("heels down"), 8:00pm END (finish times will vary).
Locations Locations will vary from week to week.
Distances Run distances will vary from 3-6 miles.
Prerequisite Completed a 5K. SPEED is not a requirement but participants must be able to run at least a 5K on trails.
Audience Women, 14 years or older (under 18 must have signed parental consent form).
Spring Program: April 5th - May 17th*
Fall Program: September 13th - October 18*
A six-week* training session designed specifically for women. Each run will originate from a different trail head on Austin’s Barton Creek Greenbelt. Learn the basics of trail running and meet other women who like to run! More Info
*An exciting optional night time trail run is included at the end extending the program to 7 weeks.
April 5, 12, 19, 26; May 3, 10, 17*
September 13, 20, 27, October 4, 11, 18,*
Evening Session: Meet at 6:15pm; Trail talk at 6:30pm; Hit the Trails at 6:50pm; Done by 8:00pm
-- or --
Morning Session: Meet at 9:15am; Trail talk at 9:30am; Hit the Trails at 9:50am; Done by 11:00am
Locations: Locations will vary from week to week and include: Barton Springs, 360 Access, and Hill of Life. Detailed information will be sent out ahead of time.
- A technical t-shirt with the Women on the Trails running logo.
- A weekly group trail run at alternating trailhead start locations.
- "Trail Talk" 15 minute session on topics like: trail etiquette, navigation, nutrition, running technique.
- Quality, structured workouts with "safety-first" and no-drop format.
- Trail runs that last up to 50 minutes or cover up to 4 miles.
- Optional (free) night time trail run at the end of the program. **head lamps will be required**
- The program is designed for women who are runners but are new to trail running. All participants must:
- Be able to run a minimum of 3.1 miles (5K). Speed is not required.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have a sense of adventure.
- Be a SHE!
All trail runs will be done in a group setting with two run coaches and a strict "no drop" policy. You'll never be alone, you'll be with us!
- Gear requirements are very minimal. All participants must have:
- Running shoes (trail shoes not required).
- Water bottle or similar hydration gear.
- Running attire.
The cost is $85 per person for the 6 week session.